We're so excited that you're interested in applying for the UNI School of Music! Just follow these steps and to begin the process!
- Apply for Admission to the School of Music and for Music Scholarships
- Text UNI to (319) 576-3317 or click here to sign up for text or email reminders and information from the School of Music (optional)
- Apply for Admission to the University
- To apply for additional University Scholarships complete the UNIversity Scholarship Application
- Submit your audition video if you selected to audition by video, or prepare for your in-person visit
- Request that one reference complete the online reference form
Auditions for 2020-21 will be done through online submission (step 5 above). The deadline for submitting your video audition for scholarship consideration is March 1, 2021. Audition videos for acceptance into the program (only) are accepted on an ongoing basis all year.
Auditions for 2021-22: While we will continue to accept online video submissions, we do plan to host in-person auditions in spring 2022.
Friday, Feb. 11 - Northern Festival of Bands participants only
Saturday, Feb. 19
Friday, Feb. 25
Saturday, March 5 - voice only
Prospective students should contact Melinda Boyd with any questions.
Below are the School of Music's repertoire lists. You may use selections from one of these for your audition or use it as a guideline in selecting your pieces:
- Brass Repertoire
- Jazz Repertoire
- Keyboard Repertoire
- Percussion Repertoire
- String Repertoire (including guitar)
- Vocal Repertoire
- Woodwind Repertoire
Please note: the listed repertoire and audition information listed here is specifically for students planning to major or minor in music, and for students wishing to audition for non-major scholarships.
In cases of departmental need, certain non-major instrumentalists may be considered for scholarship. Students wishing to be non-music majors who are interested in taking lessons and/or auditioning for scholarship should fill out the music supplement application above, and should select NON-MUSIC MAJOR in the drop-down menu.
Vocal students interested in non-major lessons may contact the vocal division chair, Dr. John Hines (email@example.com), regarding placement in non-major lessons; please note, there are currently no voice scholarships for non-major students.
Students wishing to be non-music majors who are interested in being a part of ensembles only (not taking lessons and not auditioning for scholarship) should contact:
Dr. Danny Galyen (winds, brass, percussion) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Erik Rohde (strings) - email@example.com