To learn more about these opportunities click on the colored text below and if interested, find the link to registration at the end of this page.
Northern Iowa Youth Orchestra info will be updated in July, 2021
Northern Iowa Junior Orchestra info will be updated in July, 2021
Chamber Music Ensembles/Verismo info will be updated in July, 2021
Cedar Falls Community Orchestra info will be updated in July, 2021
Violin Special Performance Group/Fiddlesticks
Cello Special Performance Group/Cello Choir
Viola Special Performance Group/
Guitar Special Performance Group/
NIJO/NIYO Summer Workshop ( for String students who have complete grades 7 - 1)
- 10 Sessions: 1:00 - 2:00 Monday - Friday for 2 weeks (Aug. 9 - 13, 15-20, 2021)
- Final Concert: Friday, August 20, 2021 at 6:00
- Recommended playing ability: Suzuki Book 4 or equivalent
- Auditions: none but acceptance will require individual lesson teacher or orchestra director recommendation
- Music: will be distributed to all applicants to prepare for the event in advance.
- Registration: *Begins June 1. Please use the Ensemble Registration online form and select Summer Orchestra Workshop
- Cost: FREE!
- Music Directors: John Chiles and Todd Williams
- *DEADLINE: Registrations will be accepted from May 15, 2021 to May 31 for former NIJO and NIYO members and from June 1 to June 30, 2021 for new members.
- Enrollment is limited due to Covid restrictions.