Click What the Suzuki School can do for you? to find out more about the school.
Open House, August 19, 2017 , 2:00 - 3:30 / Russell Hall Lobby.
- Register at open house or before, online form available here.
Click instrument or ensemble info for more information.
- Violin or viola
- Ensembles Info: Verismo, Northern Iowa Youth Orchestra, Northern Iowa Junior Orchestra or Cedar Falls Chamber Orchestra
Choosing the right instrument for a young child.
- Have they expressed an interest in one of the above?
- Do they have a friend or relative that plays an instrument?
- Size of child may not matter. Instruments come in sizes to fit all sizes.
- Have they indicated a preference for low sounds or high sounds?
- Violin and viola students stand to perform, cello and guitar students sit. Will that make a difference?
- Student may change their mind after being in the program for awhile.
To buy or not to buy?
- Rental from the Suzuki School is available for $19 per month. Click here to view agreement.
- Check out instrument purchase and rental options at the bottom of the Resources page, click here.
Care of the instrument, click here.