Click What the Suzuki School can do for you? to find out more about the school.
Open House, August 18, 2018 , 2:00 - 3:30 / Russell Hall Lobby. A chance to visit the school, meet the teachers and try out all the instruments.
- Register for the school year at open house or before. If you know what instrument you want, it is highly recommended that you register online before August 10.
- Online registrations accepted July 1 through April 1, click here.
- Summer registration is available for some children and instruments. Contact Suzuki Coordinator to inquire. email@example.com
- Online registration is accepted May 1 through July 31, click here for summer form.
Click instrument or ensemble info for more information.
- Violin or viola
- Ensembles Info: Verismo, Northern Iowa Youth Orchestra, Northern Iowa Junior Orchestra or Cedar Falls Chamber Orchestra
Choosing the right instrument for a young child.
- Have they expressed an interest in one of the above?
- Do they have a friend or relative that plays an instrument?
- Size of child may not matter. Instruments come in sizes to fit all sizes.
- Have they indicated a preference for low sounds or high sounds?
- Violin and viola students stand to perform, cello and guitar students sit. Will that make a difference?
- Student may change their mind after being in the program for awhile.
To buy or not to buy?
- Rental from the Suzuki School is available for $19 per month. Click here to view agreement.
- Check out instrument purchase and rental options at the bottom of the Resources page, click here.
Care of the instrument, click here.