Graduate Assistantships and/or Tuition Scholarships
• Graduate Assistantships and/or Tuition Scholarships are only available to students who are working full-time toward a graduate degree. Part-time students or students working toward an Artist Diploma are not eligible.
• There are two different types of support available: a) The Graduate Tuition Scholarship and b) The Graduate Assistantship. A student may receive one or both of these awards. A student may receive a full or half award.
• The Graduate Tuition Scholarship is an award which may be applied toward payment of a student’s tuition. It does not cover any non-tuition expenses such as university fees or the cost of books. Students who receive only the Graduate Tuition Scholarship are not required to perform any services or work assignments as a condition of their scholarship. Awards of up to one-half in-state tuition or full in-state tuition are available.
• The Graduate Assistantship is a salaried position which requires the student to work assignments as a condition of their award. The full Graduate Assistantship, when awarded, requires the student to work up to 20 hours a week. When a half assistantship is awarded, the work requirement is up to 10 hours per week.
• To be considered for these awards, the applicant must complete all items on the Application for Graduate Tuition Scholarship form and/or the Application for Graduate Assistantship form available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships.
• More detailed information about Graduate Assistantships, including current award amounts, and Tuition Scholarships is available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships.
If you are applying for a Graduate Assistantship and/or Tuition Scholarship, all materials must be completed and submitted by February 1st. All auditions and interviews must be completed by February 15.
1) If you are applying for a Graduate Assistantship and/or a Tuition Scholarship, please complete the following section.
2) Submit Application for Graduate Tuition Scholarship form and/or the Application for Graduate Assistantship form available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships
3) Submit a curriculum vitae or resume detailing your experience and qualifications.